Help us Build a Space for Student Success
Your support will make a lasting impact on student learning.
Our goal is to build a space where students feel welcome and inspired to succeed. The proposed E-Knowledge Commons will have:
- Small group study rooms to facilitate collaborative projects
- Video conferencing to enhance global engagement
- Two computer labs for easy access to technology
- Laptop plug-in stations for long work sessions
- Versatile seating to promote interaction
- Modular furniture that can be moved to create an open space for large events
The space will be similar to the Tombros and McWhirter Knowledge Commons in the Pattee Library at University Park, a space that is regularly filled to capacity. The success of the library's knowledge commons demonstrates a need for more of these spaces on campus. The E-Knowledge Commons in Reber building will give mechanical and nuclear engineering students a gathering place near their classrooms and labs designed to foster teamwork.
Your support will help us give students easy access to technology as well as an inspiring space to meet, study, and learn. Consider making a gift today. Suggested naming opportunities are listed to the right.
Naming provides a lasting way to associate your name, or that of a loved one or mentor, with the Department.
- E-Knowledge Commons - $450,000
- Lobby - Fulfilled by FirstEnergy Foundation
- Computer Lab I - $60,000
- Computer Lab II - $65,000
- Conference Room - $30,000
Other naming opportunities are available.
Who to Contact