Excel Samples, M E 320
Excel will be used throughout the course as an aid for solving
equations, plotting trends, etc.
Students should become familiar with either Excel or some
similar spreadsheet program.
Excel can be accessed at most of the university's computer labs.
Here are some Excel example files that you may download.
To download and use:
- Click on the desired file.
- Depending on your browser, whether from a PC or a Unix machine,
and how it is configured, it will either launch Excel
or prompt you as to whether you wish to open the file or save it onto disk.
- If Excel is loaded on your machine, choose the option to open the file.
(You may have to browse to find the correct application.)
- If Excel is not loaded on your machine, choose the option to save the file to disk.
You can then FTP it somewhere else to run the file.
- Right-clicking on the file name works best on some browsers.
- Note that once the file is open in Excel, you may need to click on Enable Editing; otherwise you will not be able to change anything.