bio Biological tissues, cells and biomaterials
* Supervised graduate student
** Supervised undergraduate student
bio27. K. Su*, L. Yuan, J. Yang, J. Du, Numerical simulation of mechanically adaptive bone remodeling in mandibles and comparison with in vivo data. Under review.
bio26. Y. Zhou*, C. Gong**, M. Hossaini-Zadeh, J. Du, 3D Full-field strain in bone-implant and bone-tooth constructs and their morphological influential factors. Journal of the Mechanical Behavior of Biomedical Materials, accepted.
bio25. D. Schmitthenner, C. Sweeny, J. Du, A. Martin, The Effect of a Stiff Foot Plate On Walking Gait Mechanics. Journal of Biomechanical Engineering, accepted, 2020.
bio24. Y. Zhou*, C. Gong**, G. Lewis, A. Armstrong, J. Du, 3D full-field biomechanical testing of a glenoid before and after implant placement. Extreme Mechanics Letters. 35, pp 100614, 2020.
bio23. K. Su*, J. Yang, Y. Li, J. Du, Numerical simulation of mandible bone remodeling under tooth loading: A parametric study. Scientific Reports, 9, pp 14887, 2019.
bio22. Q. Mao, K. Su*, Y. Zhou*, M. Hossaini-Zadeh, G. Lewis, J. Du, Voxel-based micro-finite element analysis of dental implants in a human cadaveric mandible: Tissue modulus assignment and sensitivity analyses. Journal of the Mechanical Behavior of Biomedical Materials, 94, pp 229-237, 2019.
bio21. Y. Jiang, Y. Zhou*, X. Bao, C. Chen, L. N. Randolph, J. Du, and X. L. Lian, An ultrasensitive calcium reporter system via CRISPR-Cas9 mediated genome editing in human pluripotent stem cells. iScience, 9, pp 27-35, 2018.
bio20. J. Hu, Y. Zhou*, J. D. Obayemi, J. Du, W. O. Soboyejo, An investigation of the viscoelastic properties and the actin cytoskeletal structure of triple negative breast cancer cells. Journal of the Mechanical Behavior of Biomedical Materials, 86, pp 1-13, 2018.
19. J. Asare, E. T¨urk¨oz, B. Agyei-Tuffour, O. K. Oyewole, A. A. Fashina,J. Du, M. G. Zebaze Kana, W. O. Soboyejo, Effects of pre-buckling on the bending of organic electronic structure. AIP Advances, 7, pp 045204, 2017.
18. J. Asare, S. A. Adeniji, O. K. Oyewole, B. Agyei-Tuffour, J. Du, E. Arthur, A. A. Fashina, M. G. Zebaze Kana and W. O. Soboyejo, Cold welding of organic light emitting diode: Interfacial and contact model. AIP Advances, 6, pp 065125, 2016.
17. V. C. Anye, M. G. Zebaze Kana, J. Du, W. O. Soboyejo, Effect of pressure and MoO3 hole injection layer on the current-voltage characteristics of organic light emitting diodes. Advanced Materials Research, 1132, pp 160-165, 2015.
16. O. K. Oyewole, D. Yu, J. Du, J. Asare, V. C. Anye, A. A. Fashina, M. G. Zebaze Kana, W. O. Soboyejo, Lamination of organic solar cells and organic light emitting devices: Models and experiments. Journal of Applied Physics, 118, pp 075302-075302-12, 2015.
bio15. J. Du, J. Lee, A. Jang, A. Gu, A. J Miller, R. Prevost, M. Hossaini-Zadeh, D. Curtis, S. Ho, Biomechanics and strain mapping in bone as related to immediately-loaded dental implants. Journal of Biomechanics, 48(12), pp 3486-3494, 2015.
14. O. K. Oyewole, D. Yu, J. Du, J. Asare, D. O. Oyewole, V. C. Anye, A. Fashina, M. G. Zebaze Kana, W. O. Soboyejo, Micro-wrinkling and delamination-induced buckling of stretchable electronic structures. Journal of Applied Physics, 117(23), pp 235501-235501-11, 2015.
bio13. J. Du, X. Niu, W. Soboyejo, Creep-assisted slow crack growth in bio-inspired dental multilayers. Journal of the Mechanical Behavior of Biomedical Materials, 46, pp 41-48, 2015.
12. D. Yu, O. K. Oyewole, D. Kwabi, T. Tong, V. C. Anye, J. Asare, E. R. Rwenyagila, A. Fashina, O. Akogwu, J. Du, W. O. Soboyejo, Adhesion in flexible organic and hybrid organic/inorganic light emitting device and solar cells. Journal of Applied Physics, 116(7), pp 074506-074506-9, 2014.
11. J. Du, V. C. Anye, E. O. Vodah, T. Tong, M. G. Zebaze Kana, W. O. Soboyejo, Pressure-assisted fabrication of organic light emitting diodes with novel MoO3 hole-injection layer materials. Journal of Applied Physics, 115(23), pp 233703-233703-9, 2014.
10. J. Du, T. Tong, W. Akande, A. Tsakiridou, W. Soboyejo, Pressure effects on the lamination of organic light emitting devices. Journal of Display Technology, 9(8), pp 601-606, 2013.
bio9. J. Du, X. Niu, N. Rahbar, W. Soboyejo, Bio-inspired dental multilayers: effects of layer architecture on the contact-induced deformation. Acta Biomaterialia, 9(2), pp 5273-9, 2013.
bio8. W. L. Shan, J. Du, E. P. Hampp, H. Li, M. Johnson, G. Papandreou, C. A. Maryanoff, W. O. Soboyejo, Degradation and adhesive/cohesive strengths of a reservoir-based drug eluting stent. Journal of the Mechanical Behavior of Biomedical Materials, 14, pp 208-215, 2012.
7. I. Yakub, J. Du, W. O. Soboyejo, Mechanical properties and design of porous clay-based ceramics. Materials Science and Engineering A, 558(15), pp 21-29, 2012.
bio6. J. Du, E. Hampp, W. Shan, H. Li, G. Papandreou, C. A. Maryanoff, W. O. Soboyejo, Adhesion between a suspended polymeric film and a metallic substrate: Experiments and models. Journal of Materials Research, 27(14), pp1797-1805, 2012.
bio5. W. L. Shan, J. Du, E. P. Hampp, H. Li, G. Papandreou, C. A. Maryanoff, W. O. Soboyejo, Adhesion and cohesion in structures containing suspended microscopic polymeric films. Acta Biomaterialia, 8(4), pp1469-1480, 2012.
4. J. Du, P. Zeng, Molecular vibrational modes of C60 and C70 via finite element method. European Journal of Mechanics A/Solids. 28(5), pp948-954, 2009.
3. P. Zeng, X. Yang, J. Du, A C-C bonding element and coordinate transformation for vibrational analysis of C60 nano-molecule. Chinese Journal of Computational Mechanics, 02, pp150-155, 2008.
2. P. Zeng, X. Yang, J. Du, Computational investingation for Raman vibration modes of C60 molecule. Journal of Vibration Engineering, 02, pp185-188, 2007.
1. P. Zeng, J. Du, X. Yang, An equivalent C-C bonding element for representing the force-energy relation of carbon-carbon covalent bond. Acta Mechanica Solida Sinica, 04, pp325-332, 2007.