Adding an email account alias that will send email from a different address
If you need to send email with a different "From" address
Setting up the POP account manually
- In Outlook, go to the "File" tab, then the "Account Settings" dropdown button, and choose "Account Settings"
- Click the "Email" tab and choose "New"
- Make sure the "Email Account" radio button is selected
- Select the bottom radio button "Manually configure server settings or additional server types"
- Select the "Internet E-mail (Connect to POP or IMAP)" radio button
- Your name: Whatever you want the recipient to see (i.e. Bob Smith)
- Email address: Enter your PSU email address in the format email@example.com
- If this is a "No Reply" account enter an email address that doesn't exist (i.e. No Reply@engr.psu.edu)
- Account type: POP3
- Incoming server: mail.engr.psu.edu
- Outgoing server: mail.engr.psu.edu
- User Name: Can enter anything in this field
- Password: Leave this field blank
- Remember Password: Uncheck this box
- Be sure to uncheck the "Test Account Settings by clicking the Next button" checkbox
- Under Deliver new messages to, select the "New Outlook Data File" radio button
Make sure the account doesn't check for new mail
- Click the "Send/Receive" tab
- Click the "Send/Receive" dropdown and choose "Define Send/Receive Groups"
- Make sure "All Accounts" is selected and click "Edit"
- In the left banner, click to select the name of the account you just created
- Uncheck the box for "Receive mail items" and click OK
Note: If the account actually exists somewhere on an email server it will be able to receive mail.