Remote Desktop Instructions
Linux users should use a third party VPN client. The configuration settings can be found by clicking this link https://www.engr.psu.edu/coevpn and scrolling down to the bottom of the page.
Connecting via Remote Desktop (built into Windows) after Global Protect has already been installed.
- Check that the vpn client is running and connected, second icon from the left. If not, connect to the vpn
Start the Remote Desktop Client
- Remote desktop is only allowed on the gpvpn portal of Global Protect
- Grad Students and Employees have access to gpvpn portal by default; Undergrads need a faculty member to request access for them
- Instructions for Global Protect VPN
Enter the "Computer" name
- In Windows 7 click Start/All Programs/Accessories/Remote Desktop Connection or
- type "Remote" in the search box and pick Remote Desktop Connection from the list.
- For faculty and staff connecting to the ENGR domain:
For Research Labs connecting to COEACCESS domain computers:
- You can use the IP address or Full computer name (computer.engr.psu.edu).
- Append @engr.psu.edu to your username as in email@example.com when prompted.
OPTIONAL: you can adjust settings under "Options" as needed
Click "Connect" to connect to the computer
Login with your username and password as instructed above in step 3.
- You must run the one-time registry update as explained here http://kb.its.psu.edu/article/545.
- You must use the Full computer name, ie from computer "labcomputer" the Full computer name would be labcomputer.coeaccess.psu.edu.
- Append @dce.psu.edu to your usename as in firstname.lastname@example.org when prompted.